Todays links of interest:
- The greatest one-liner in movie history
A deconstruction of how that thing that Bruce Willis said in the original "Die Hard" went from a one-liner to a marketing slogan.
- Time with no soundtrack
Unclear if this is pro or con single. It’s one of those days.
- Social networking websites expose class divide
Of course, Facebook was only open to college students (or those with .edu addresses, anyway) until recently. MySpace? Free-for-all. Hmm. Is this study maybe a bit premature?
- Iggy Pop comment prompts BBC apology
Hmm, Iggy Pop is profane during a live concert performance. How did they not see that one coming?
- Hollywood Seeks Ways to Fit Its Content Into the Realm of the iPhone
So many jokes, so few pixels.
- Internet radio stations to protest royalty hikes
Today is the day of silence. Do not panic.
- Time Inc. Dives Into Digi-Mags
Only time will tell what this really means.
- Welcome to Slate V, our new online video magazine
And we quote: "Our goal with Slate V is to create a Web-video magazine?an ordered universe of video, in which all the content has the irreverent wit, sharp intelligence, and counterintuitive insights that have been the hallmarks of Slate the magazine for the past 11 years."
- AOL takes page from blogs, relaunches news
Didn’t they do this news relaunch thing like a year ago? Or is this a new, new relaunch? One simply cannot keep up.
- A Brave New World for TV? Virtually
Those who think that the virtual world will save television severely misunderstand both mediums.
- Germany bans Cruise film shoot
Well, sort of, kind of.
- Fans Help Filmmakers Win YouTube Deal
Ah, the power of the audience.
- Apple Release iPhone Price Details
Also: you can activate it through iTunes.
- Paris Hilton Released From LA Jail
Meanwhile, all of the local news stations are reduced to covering the fact that all of the local news stations are covering this.
- Happy big beak: Giant penguins dwarfed modern versions
Poor Opus! Just something else to make him feel inferior!
- Neil Young delays "Archives" release
Thereby surprising absolutely zero of his hardcore fans — at least one of your ‘Lopers in that group of crazies — who have been waiting patiently for it for . . . what was it again? oh,that’s right . . . 18 godsdamned years!!!!