They Eat A Lot of Porridge Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Mad Men Illustrated – a set on Flickr
In a weird way, both the polar opposite of and a weird adjunct to the Mad Men Twitterers: scenes from the best drama currently on TV done in an early 1960s illustration style.
- Rediscovering Francis Ford Coppola’s Godfather trilogy on Blu-ray.
Right. Time to go buy a 1080p TV and Blu-ray.
- Britney Spears says she plans to tour again
By "tour," she means the following: about a dozen shows in a dozen major cities in a dozen weeks. At each show, she will dance around to backing tapes of her biggest hit singles as well as two or three songs from her most recent album. Unless it tanks, at which point, the tour will never quite happen.
- Sarah Palin?s Facebook Page
Just in case you were curious.
- Pakman to Leave eMusic
We wish the best of luck to the soon-to-be former fearless leader of one of our favorite services.
- Libel Tourist, Orphan Works Bills Approved
In their spare time, Congress is doing other good business.
- YouTube User’s Video of Letterman Outdraws CBS Clip
CBS unhappy because they didn’t make money off the clip. Lesson learned? It’s always helpful to be working the systems that people are using.
- Senate Passes Bill Creating ‘Copyright Czar’
Suddenly feeling less confident about modernizing the system.
- Palin, McCain cry "gotcha journalism" with Couric
"Cry" being the operative term here. Gods forbid that even Katie Couric ask questions about actual situations and issues that the President of the United States may have to deal with.
- US official: 3 pirates may be dead in shootout
The war on file sharing has finally gone too far … Oh, wait, these are REAL pirates.
- The Pirate Bay Clashes with Book Publishers
Swedish publishers wake up to the reality of book piracy.
- Judge to anti-feminist: Ladies’ night is alright
Great. Guess what song is stuck in our collective heads?