Africa is a Country Edition
Todays links of interest:
- GOP Lawyer Dispatched To Alaska To Retrieve Some of Sarah Palin’s Clothes
I know we’re supposed to be moving on, but how can we with headlines like this one?
- WROR, WODS In Boston Begin Playing The Christmas Tunes
Not one, but two –TWO — radio stations in Boston have gone all Christmas Tunes, all the time. Today is November 6. Screw these people.
- Music: What Happened?
Scott Miller (of Game Theory & The Loud Family) breaks down his favorite songs of random years ranging from the late 1950s to just a couple of years ago. His taste is so much like mine and his observations are so well-written that it makes me wish that I liked Game Theory and The Loud Family more.
- Battlestar Galactica Props & Costumes
Big, huge BSG prop sale coming this January in Pasadena, CA. You know you want to be there.
- Newspapers Sell Like Hotcakes as People Seek Mementos
The newspaper as a souvenir — probably not the world’s greatest business model, but it’s very cool that this is the item people turn to to remember moments in time.
- Groups ask California court to block same-sex marriage ban
Next up: banning marriage between anybody who isn’t or Mormon or a Catholic!
- White Space Wi-Fi Approved Unanimously by FCC
Another campaign of fear fails. White Space usage receives unanimous approval. Now we wait for new technology to take advantage of the bandwidth.
- Stop the insanity: CNN’s ‘hologram’ was horrendous
Yes, it was. Who knew a "hologram" could make a green screen look good.
- Palin Didn’t Know Africa Is A Continent
And Alaska is her favorite continent in North America.
- CNN’s holograms not really holograms
Sheesh, they were really tomograms. Everyone already knows that. Right? Right??