Todays links of interest:
- ITunes bugs the Beatles
Uh, yeah, because everyone is going to confuse the two Apples. Also, aren’t all the Beatles pretty much owned by Michael Jackson?
- Tronical — Self Tuning Guitar
Now if only someone would invent a self-tuning singer.
- RIAA: Who are the pirates? Free and uncut!
I guess I’ll have to buy Kind of Blue again.
- TorrentSpy Says MPAA Can’t Reinterpret The Supreme Court On File Sharing
The MPAA’s legal strategy seems to be ‘ignore the law and sue anyway’.
- Big demand for classical downloads is music to ears of record industry
For all you cello players out there, we offer hope.
- CBS’ NCAA Coverage Spotty
Many would-be viewers of CBS’ streaming coverage of March Madness were turned away, thereby missing the opportunity to waste otherwise productive hours (Note: Reg and probably money req’d — we’ll look for another source).
- Facebook’s on the Block
billion? Do I hear three????
- Cablevision Tests Controversial Network-DVR Product
Instead of storing content on individual set-top boxes, subscribers access from network server. Also Time-Warner is testing a service that allows users to start a show over that they missed the beginning of – but no fast forwarding. Boo!
- TV show puts lawmakers on comedic hot seat
Why politicians risk humiliation matching wits with Stephen Colbert. Turns out they think that’s how to reach the fabled "youth vote."