While you were wondering when you were going to get indicted for Tax Evasion because they couldn’t pin anything else on you, here’s what we were looking at:
- Hyping The Music, One Song At A Time – Communities that form around online blogs are different — smaller, but more passionate — than communities that formed around radio stations.
- The Perfect DVR – My Wish List For the Ultimate Television Machine – Kirk tosses out a wish list for what will tempt him to dumpt his venerable Series 1 TiVo.
- Only Spielberg Can Mess With His Movies, Dammit! – A judge rules that self-selected censors can’t remove the good bits from movies prior to renting them to the public.
- More Fun In The New World – How will AT&T’s foray into the online concert world fare? Hopefully, it will work better than the phone “service” they provide me.
- ABC: Always Being Clueless – Yeah, because the viewing public is clamoring for DVRs with disabled fast-forward buttons . . .
- Baby Eisner Is Losing His Grip On Reality – Two words: Baby NASCAR.
- Fools Go Forth: Digital Distribution And Artist Compensation – Since digital distribution is significantly different from physical distribution, how long will it take artists to rebel against digital distribution deals that are essentially the same as the physical deals?
- That’s What I Like: Marketplace – Kassia finds an actual reason to listen to NPR: a show that is smart, educational, and has some snark.