While you were prepping for your Super Bowl (not “Big Game”) Party, here’s what we were checking out:
- Second Life and the Stupid White Man’s Burden, Part Two: Grief’s Interjection – In which we deconstruct the Web 2.0 phenomenon of griefing as it relates to Second Life and giggle at the phrase “armies of marching willies.”
- The Web’s Next Get Rich Scheme – YouTube is going to start sharing some of that ad money wealth with the content creators. It probably won’t make anybody rich, but it’s still pretty cool.
- In Which A Marketing Campaign Stops A City – As great as this story is turning out to be, it isn’t making any of us rushing to TiVo Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- My Life in the Slow Lane – In the latest edition of our “That’s What I Like” series, Tim Gaskill explains how he survives his mind-numbing commute.
- Harry Potter and the Gynormous Spoiler – Like I said, just don’t kill Hermione.
- How To Copyright An Atomic Bomb – One of the funniest things about watching this story is whether or not the TV channels reporting on it blur out the extended middle finger of the little Mooninite guy. Also, “Mooninite.” I wonder if it’s related to “Solaronite.” If so, then perhaps the city of Boston didn’t overreact.