While you spent your week dissecting Stephen Colbert’s speech at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner joke-by-joke trying to determine if it was funny and hit a nerve (it was and it did), here’s what we were looking at:
- Yahoo’s 21st Century Entertainment Network — Yahoo! is making the transformation from a 20th Century Web Portal to a 21st Century Digital Lifestyle Entertainment Network.
- Are the Browser Wars Back? Nah. — But there is a bit of a to-do between Microsoft and Google over a little tiny search box that could lead great big revenues.
- ABC’s Online Programming – First Impressions — By the time that Kassia finished jumping over all of the obstacles ABC kept putting in her way, she was too exhausted to watch an actual program.
- The Real Reason iTunes Songs Are Still Only 99 Cents — A good conspiracy theory should always start with the accountants.
- Today, I Am Cranky — What part of “World Wide Web” does NBC not get? With their Today Webcasts, pretty much none of it.
- That’s What I Like: Drive-by Truckers — Jim takes a look at his current favorite band. A very very very long look, so bring a bottle of whiskey and the live version of “Free Bird.”