Today’s links of interest:
- Slate’s New Look – Introducing our redesign
Ack! What genius decided to make the list of stories user unfriendly by making the Dept, Headline, Sub-Head, Author and Date Posted all variations on the same color!?!
- Scientists Triple Your Ability to Rock Out
This gets our vote for headline of the year. By the way, the amp goes to 33.
- FOX Gets Desperate
So desperate they plan to have Laura Ingraham anchor a conservative Daily Show rip-off. If you’ve ever listened to Laura Ingraham you’ll know why this is so funny – and not in a good way.
- Are the Emmys hiding a bloc voting scandal?
Uh-oh. After a week of coverage that the new Emmy voting process would instill new blood — Lauren Graham, Kristen Bell, "Battlestar" — now this. Sigh. Because fracking "Will & Grace" needs more Emmys?
- Conservative Lovefest for ’24’
Aha! I knew that there was a reason we turned our brains off to watch it.
- `Rescue Me’ writer fans the inflamed
"Rescue Me" co-creator Peter Tolan goes online — to TWOP — to defend an inflammatory and controversial scene. And is surprised to learn that nothing has ever been settled on an internet forum.
- New Media: Who are the real winners now we’ve all gone Wiki-crazy?
Wikis are the next blog. Or something like that. Seriously, they’re gonna be big.
- The Incredible Shrinking Newspaper – Newspapers are dying, but the news is thriving.
There’s probably a moral to be learned here. We’ll get back to you.
- As Online Ads Grow, Eyeballs Are Valuable Again on the Web
Ears, lips, and noses have declined in value. Hands are making a dramatic comeback, surprising analysts who tapped feet as the next big growth area.
- FNC Pilot: "Watch This Right Now?"
Uh huh. Fox taps Laura Ingraham (one of the world’s least funny people) to go toe-to-toe with the Daily Show.
- Report reveals details of space vehicle planned by Jeff Bezos
It turns out all of the billionaires have a plan to leave the planet just before the polar caps melt. Inexplicably Jeff Bezos has been charged with building the escape pod.
- The YouTube way to fame, fortune (maybe)
YouTube is the new America’s Funniest Home Videos. Without Bob Saget.
- Leave me alone . . .
We cannot solve all problems, naturally, but can address some of the biggies: one, get a Mac. Two, use Firefox. You can thank us later.