Todays links of interest:
- Northern Exposure – Seasons combined – same price
This is exactly the type of pricing bullshit that drives otherwise law-abiding people into the arms of file-sharing: you can now buy the first two seasons of Northern Exposure for one-half the price someone else paid for both last year.
- YouTube: Natalie Portman Rap Search
This morning’s (08:45am PST) search on YouTube for “Natalie Portman Raps” returned 4 results.
- Labels Halt Downloads to Increase CD Sales
It’s sort of like the ship is sinking, you’re in danger of dying, and all you can do is try to detach the chandelier from the dining room ceiling. Singles reduce whole CD sales, so what to do? Kill the single.
- Build Your Own PVR, Then Trash It
Gives new meaning the term “grow your own”.
- Online Porn Billing Glitch Exposes Buyers’ Info
We’re just spreading the word. We’re helpful that way.
- Spitzer Alleges Payola in Lawsuit
Entercom Communications Corp. allegedly played the payola game. To date, that leaves a tiny station in Oklahoma as the last honest bastion of radio.
- NBC Universal Hopes To Cash In With iVillage
Is iVillage a boondoggle or a brilliant move? Do you know anybody who admits to hanging out there? Note: Rare WSJ freebie.
- Are Papers About to Land or Take Off?
Knight Ridder’s sale could be decided at any moment. The future of MSM hangs in the balance. Kind of makes you want to buy tickets.
- Google mulls “infinite storage” idea
Whoa dude, infinite storage, heh heh! Like storage that never ends! Blow my mind man.
- The CW Increases National Coverage To More Than 55% Of The Country
Whoo-hoo! Now more than half of the country can ignore Veronica Mars!