Today’s links of interest:
- Anderson, Kid Rock to wed numerous times
How romantic: one ceremony for each boob job!
- Townshend & Daltrey In Internet Feud
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
- Shawn Hogan, Hero
Fighting the MPAA – one man’s story.
- Will Better In-Flight Movies Buy Brand Loyalty?
Only if they post the screening schedule when you’re researching flights.
- Friendster Patent on Linking Web Friends Could Hurt Rivals
How do you patent friendships? With a patent office that doesn’t get out on the Net much.
- Has the internet killed the video star? MTV hits back with interactive channel
Can they win back the audience they lost, oh, fifteen years ago?
- The best writers at the New York Times
This has to get Thomas Friedman’s goat.
- TiVo Is Watching When You Don?t Watch, and It Tattles
For the three of you who didn’t know this.
- A Campaign to Head Off New Decency Rules
Seriously, could that headline be any worse? We oppose decency, dammit! How about, entertainment companies work to educate parents about tools they can use for managing what their kids watch? Yeah, yeah, yeah, too long.
- In pursuit of lost classics
"Thank goodness for the publishers who revive books that should never have gone out of print "
- The YouTube Devolution
YouTube inspires reminiscence. Also, The Pixies invented alt-rock? I swear, you learn something new every day.
- Microsoft to show ‘Arrested Development’
Arrested Development — hottest property on the post-network market today!
- Magic 8-Ball Answers Your Questions Regarding Microsoft’s ‘Zune’
Magic 8-Ball sez Zune will be late, among other things. Best Zune post ever!
- Brand Naming: Fortunately for Microsoft, a Zune is not a Penis in Canada
Fortunately? That would be a slight improvement over what it spells in Hebrew.