Today’s links of interest:
- A defense of the word sucks
"Sucks" rules!! However, if it still hadn’t been considered offensive for so long, then we would have never had "bite me." And that would suck.
- The scoop on the scoop
That being scooped by online gossip sites stuns old-school gossip columnists is rather terrifying. Where do these people get their information?
- MSN Gets Strong Start In Race to Win Web Video Ads
Deep pockets and cult programming lead to high traffic.
- Media Firms Counted As Small Businesses
Medialoper, oddly, was counted as a "big business."
- AOL to dish out free email accounts
Oh yeah. There’s bound to be a rush on those highly coveted "aol.com" email addresses.
- Hey Sugar Tits! Mel Gibson Goes To Rehab
We just wanted to point out that this is a Weird Al remake of Echo & the Bunnymen’s biggest U.S. hit waiting to happen.
- Chasing ads, AOL makes more stuff free
The reinvention of AOL — this is either going to end up being a feel-good movie or the saddest song ever written.
- MySpace for boomers comes with death alerts
They call it Oldster. No wait, it’s actually called Eons.