Today’s links of interest:
- CEA: RIAA refuses to cooperate, carries out "thinly veiled attack" on fair use
Fair Use? You buy a CD, you’re free to use it. There’s your fair use.
- iPod thefts haunt Los Angeles
Whew! It’s finally safe to buy some Air Jordans!
- 31 Different Ways To Lace Shoes
Because even Lopers lace their shoes. Talk about long tail!
- Oldthink vs. Newthink::Spelling Out the Media Shift
A wired/tired type of look at our magic new world.
- Microsoft Zune Will Hit Stores at 9
And will have three different colors (to be named later). Plays For Sure support, interaction, whatever still seems confusing. No wireless downloading of music — just bookmarking. Move along, there’s nothing more to say here.
- Swimming in the Fishbowl
Virginia Heffernan looks at Bill Maher’s Fishbowl (the Amazon thingy) and asks the question that must be asked.
- Challenges Facing Young and Older Blogs
ProBlogger takes a look at the challenges of blogging — also known as the challenges of writing.
- Weeds new ad strategy: scratch n’ sniff pot flier
The best part about the Weeds ad strategy: nobody has said, "Hmm, so that’s what it smells like."
- Skype Outruns MySpace
MySpace drops another notch.