Today’s links of interest:
Jesus frack!! This is what I get from my poor typing skills. I just about had a heart attack.
- Bob Dylan says modern music is worthless
Of course, he was pretty much saying that in the 1960’s, too.
- K-Fed verdict: Not half bad at awards show
That’s true: he was not half bad, he was fully bad. And not bad meaning "good," but bad meaning "bad." Get thee gone, Federline. Too bad Osama didn’t have a crush on *your* wife . . .
- What Time magazine’s new publication date means
One suspects it’s absolutely nothing.
- Video Site to Add to Ads
This is so not news, that we’re more fascinated by the fact that it took two reporters to cover this story.
- AOL Moves to Increase Privacy on Search Queries
New motto: your searches are safe with us.
- ‘Tom & Jerry’ Smoking Scenes to Be Cut
This deserves a rant, it gets a sentence. One viewer (one!) complains about smoking and every instance of cartoon-based smoking is exorcised. Do you people not have anything better to do with your time?
- Tower Records to seek buyer while in bankruptcy
We are instituting an official policy: we will only cover the instances where Tower Records is *not* in bankruptcy.
- Ailing music biz worried about glut of new albums
Just in time for your holiday shopping pleasure, an embarrassment of riches. Hmm, maybe Rox can buy the new Keith Urban since they won’t be playing it on LA radio…
- Warner Bros. launches direct-to-DVD division
Now you don’t have worry about your friends catching you at the Dukes of Hazzard sequel…Warners is sending the stuff straight to video.
- Verizon imposes new service surcharge
Just as one charge is phased out, another takes its place. Verizon customers: you will not see a reduction in your bills.
- Turner to ax smoking scenes from cartoons
Revisionism run amok. How is it possible that this could have been triggered by a single complaint?
- We hate to watch
Six shows the Salon staff nominates for cancellation. Their restraint is nothing less than admirable.