Today’s links of interest:
- Colorado not to charge Karr in JonBenet case
I think this means that almost every major news agency owes us two weeks of real news and an apology.
- FairUse4WM strips Windows Media DRM!
If PlaysForSure wasn’t already dead, it is now.
- A Big Star May Not a Profitable Movie Make
No seriously, academics did a study on this. You’d think Ishtar would have been enough…
- Google, eBay form advertising alliance
Apparently it’s all about VOIP.
- Entertainment: ‘Gilligan’s Island’ Boat Up For Sale
You ever feel like your entire childhood is on the market?
- Web Guitar Wizard Revealed at Last
Hmm, eight months has now been dubbed "at last". It’s good to know that anonymity has a timeline. Also, some dude plays guitar really well.
- Muses for Your Ears
Breaking: new musical tastemakers are fans, too.
- Our strange fascination with box-office numbers
A look at weekly box office grosses. Why are we so obsessed? Probaby because the numbers seem like they’re big.
- What’s IMAX’s biggest hit?
IMAX finds success — but really just wants to be a mainstream theater chain.
- Hidden messages
The marketers are on to the ad-skipping, commercial-avoiding generation. It was only a matter of time.
- ’24,’ ‘Office’ win Emmys for best series
We’re totally fine with this.