Today’s links of interest:
- Zune on Ellen
Your mother wants a Zune. Maybe even your grandmother. Should make for some interesting file sharing.
- Guest List: Decemberists
There are bits on the upcoming Decemberists album that sound like Yes or Genesis from the early 1970s. Luckily, they sound like the *good* bits . . .
- Facebook in talks to sell itself to Yahoo
Would they then turn it into Geocities for College Students?
- A tag-team Tuesday
If "Veronica Mars" doesn’t keep the audience from "Gilmore Girls," it will be axed mid-arc. This would make those of us who love it very sad. Please don’t let that happen.
- Online activists launch Battlestar Galactica party-planner
Worth clicking the link for the picture of Adama & Roslin.
- New faces in daytime
Daytime television, now more talky than ever.
- Shadow of censorship over ‘Prize’
In their desperate attempt to create a fake reality, the FCC makes the act of airing programming an expensive struggle.
- Apple addresses some iTunes 7 bugs
Apparently, Jim isn’t the only one who is having problems with iTunes 7. So there.
- Google Video can’t guard Fox’s henhouse
Apparently, there are loads of "Simpsons" and "Family Guy" clips all over Google Video. Of course, nobody can find them . . .
- We don’t need no stinking iPod or Zune!
What? There are *other* devices that will play portable video??!?
- All hail the analogue revolution
As CD’s near extinction, vinyl makes an unlikely comeback.
- H.P. Said to Have Studied Infiltrating Newsrooms
This sort of makes me wonder if anyone in the Medialoper newsroom might actually be a spy.
- Napster on the hunt for buyers
Yeah, anyone not see this one coming?
- A Web of Exhibitionists
Hmm, maybe we’re discovering a truth about our species: we crave attention. Probably there’s a specific gene in the pool that makes us beg to be noticed by the world.
- News Corp. may not use Internet portals
Rupert Murdoch dismisses portals. The major websites that draw so much traffic (ie, the portals?)? They have plenty of other deals to make.
- A sneak peek at Season 3 of ‘Veronica Mars’
Interview w/ Rob Thomas, who really doesn’t give anything away about what’s coming up on Season Three of "Veronica Mars." Which you should watch, ‘k?
- NBC TV undecided about Madonna mock crucifixion
Let’s just make this easy (since, apparently, the network is incapable of taking a position on the issue). Madonna has a lot of people who are still interested in her work. A lot of people will watch the broadcast. A few people, likely lead by a single gr
- Sirius denies reports Stern returning to mainstream
The problem with issuing denials is that it always sounds like someone’s trying to corral a news cycle run amok.
- Yahoo to Launch A Video Network With Gore Venture
Al Gore doesn’t need to be President of the United States — it would cut into his plan of world domination, the fun way.
- News Corp plans MySpace in China
Ah, yet another way to get the Chinese government involved in the lives of its citizens. MySpace will keep party leaders busy for months.