Today’s links of interest:
- This is your ass on drugs
Perhaps the first anti-drug spots made by people who have some experience with actually taking drugs??
- OLN Switches to ‘Versus’
"Spike." "The CW" "Logo." And now "Versus." Are there really no more good network names left left? Rock bands keep doing it, and there are way more of those out there!!
- John Hodgman holds forth on eels, mole men, and Macs
It turns out that Mr. PC is actually a Mac user.
- Connected: How to get more music into your life
Primer on the new music models.
- God, Madonna and "VeggieTales"
In which they try to have it both ways, which, yes, makes for an interesting day in the world of protesting content.
- TV on the Web: Growing a second screen
" Mostly this is happening because television, exhibiting the same survival instincts wooly mammoths used to trundle away from the coming ice age, is in full migration to the Internet."
- Is this the future of advertising?
Okay, let’s get this straight: you get to see a product in action and hear a pitch, but you don’t know it’s a pitch? Uh huh. Yes, this is the future of advertising. The old ways just bore us to death.
- Cuts Inc. to offer video-editing service
Virtual editing — the biggest thing, since, what was last week’s big thing/
- Mercora to debut mobile music service
Who, what, huh? In which another layer of confusion is foisted upon consumers.