Today’s links of interest:
- Analyst Sees ‘Modest Success’ for Zune
Well, it’s better than what they’re saying about the Putz — we’ve heard rumors that the batteries are being recalled before they’ve been manufactured.
- Reviewing Mike Judge’s Idiocracy
Buried by its studio, we’ll all be watching it on DVD
- ‘Veronica Mars’ Makes Warhols A Little Less Dandy
Apparently, they’ve slightly messed with the theme song. I’m still waiting for the Brian Jonestown Massacre’s version. And you should be watching "Veronica Mars" when it debuts next Tuesday.
- Dell Recalling More Batteries
We will reprimanded, no doubt, for noticing that out of 4 million batteries, there have been only 47 reported incidents. That’s like 85,000 to 1 odds that yours is affected.
- British billionaire unveils spaceship design
L.A. to London in a half-hour? How much would that rule? Oh, right: totally. Of course, you’d better have US0,000 to pay for it . . .
- Peter Jackson to create two Xbox games
We’d still rather see if he could somehow make The Hobbit great.
- Actor Emerson takes charge of The Others
New theory: Others = Cylons. OK, maybe not. But Dwight Schrute would approve!
- Miles Davis inducted into RockWalk
Right. As if any type of Hall of Fame is big enough to hold Miles Davis.
- Money struggle with cable for Fox News
Normally, we root for the networks in these situations — Time Warner vs. NFL Network — but in this case, not so much.