Off to See The Hold Steady at the Troubadour Edition
Today’s links of interest:
- As U.S. Is Reviled Abroad, American TV Charms
Television – the new international language of diplomacy.
- RIAA drops file sharing case
The RIAA is clearly not prepared for consumer who fight back.
- 1097 days and counting…
We’re a little late in acknowledging this, but happy 3rd Birthday to TV Shows on DVD!!
- Howard Stern Reaches Out to Internet
In this world, it is not just one medium, it is the media. Reach out and touch all the spaces.
- Politicians Try Out MySpace
Does anyone doubt the ability of politicians to screw up what should be a simple medium? Though, we acknowledge, success can happen if the word "authenticity" is first and foremost.
- Mapmaker Rand McNally Turns 150
Rand McNally could have ruled the Internet if it had thought ahead.
- Now on GooTube: The Price Is Right
Can we please please please please please please PLEASE not call it "GooTube"? Thanks.
- In this digital music age, the listener is king
Yes, this is all very logical, but the industry will need to change its entire mindset. You ever try to get an elephant to change directions when it doesn’t want to? Meet the music industry…
- Cyberface: New Technology That Captures the Soul
Ah, just as Second Life becomes a buzzword, the creation of avatars reaches new technological heights. Will we finally see the end of flying purple dragons?
- Sending Out Good Vibrations: XM Re-Creates Top 40 Stations of Old
Finally, an outlet for those who used to record the radio.
- Steve Jobs worried about the Zune? In a word: "No."
Uh, yeah, did someone actually think the Zune was keeping Steve Jobs awake at night?
- It Should Happen To You
The New Yorker takes what is possibly the first in-depth reivew of YouTube, uh, stars. Also, it turns out that there are different degrees of democracy. YouTube’s happens to be less transparent that most people realize.
- Scarlett Johansson Record Deal in the Works
"Scarlett Sings Tom Waits" is being recorded now and through the winter…
- Yahoo adds CBS news to video lineup
More news on Yahoo — somehow this doesn’t feel like the announcement the portal wanted to make this week.
- Apple’s Jobs doesn’t see threats to iPod
Sure, Zune may not be that much of a threat, but what about the Prism DuroSport??