Ixnay On Your Obbingsay Edition
Today’s links of interest:
- The Pretenders rock VH1 Classic
Also, that first album has been remastered and reissued. Nothing released around that same time — not even fucking "London Calling" — has withstood the test of time as well. It was perfect then, it’s more perfect now. And it was just the beginning of an extraordinary career.
- Bengals-Ravens game Nov. 30 not on local cable TV
This is some of the fallout of the NFL Network/Time Warner Cable war. And you wonder why people hate their local cable company. Oh wait, you probably don’t.
- Google bombing becomes new tactic for political campaigns
Gaming google’s search algorithms — as opposed to Al Gore Rhythms, which is a totally different head, man — for political profit.
- EMI Music CEO says the CD is ‘dead’
And you thought the CD was just resting.
- YouTube Takes Down Comedy Central Clips Based on DMCA Claims
I guess this means we’ll have to actually watch the versions we TiVo instead of catching the highlights on YouTube. Either way we’re not watching the commercials.
- Cards roll past Tigers for first Series win since ’82
Well, nobody should be bad-mouthing Tony LaRussa for quite some time now. But for the last time: SHUT UP JEANNIE ZELASKO!!! For the love of the gods, can we please please PLEASE get the the World Series off of FOX?!?