Oooooooh, Scaaaarrrrry! Edition
Today’s links of interest:
- British comedian Cohen sets his sights on Austria
For everybody worried about being the butt of these types of movies, here a rule: don’t talk to strangers with cameras, and for gods sakes, read the waiver forms fully if you do.
- Fox Gets It Wrong, NBC Says ‘Studio 60’ Stays Onboard
Everything you read …
- Fake News Back on YouTube
…yesterday was wrong.
- YouTube Pulling Comedy Central Clips? Not Necessarily
Ah, the plot thickens.
- Glitches cited in early voting
You’ll never believe this. It turns out that early votes for Democrats are actually being given to Republicans. Who woulda thought?
- More Media Insight Than W Can Shake His ‘Google’ At
More answers to unasked questions.
- Condé Nast/Wired Acquires Reddit
Looks like our favorite social bookmark site is no longer independent. Hopefully this is good news.
- Diller?s Web: Think Cable of the Past
Darn, and we were just thinking of it as the way of the future.
- Pentagon mounts public affairs ops to counter bad news, exploit "new media"
In a previous era, this was also known as "propaganda".
- Google acquires wiki tool developer
World domination, Google style.
- Down With DRM Video Contest Winners Announced!
Guess which filmmakers won’t be asked to shoot videos for major labels anytime soon. Not that they’d want to.
- MySpace to block illegal use of copyrighted music
Oh yeah, they’re totally going to maintain their current level of popularity.
- Forget ratings — TV gets huge payoff from elections
The losers are, of course, those of us who have to tivo through commercial after commercial after commercial.
- R.E.M., Van Halen Headed to Hall?
Sure. They should be. As should The Replacements, and, er, um, KISS.