Darlings of Talk Radio Edition
Today’s links of interest:
- The rise and fall of the "bus plunge" story
Yet another victim of the digitialization of media.
- Coming Soon via Your TiVo: Internet Video on Television
Yup. Like the XBox, this is already hooked up to your TV. By this time next year, you really won’t have any excuse for missing anything.
- Installing the Zune… sucked – Engadget
A first look at Zune’s software and it’s not good. The usual Microsoft nightmare installation, but with nice photography.
- RIAA: we love fair use. No, really!
There’s a catch, of course. The RIAA has a radically different notion about what constitute fair use. They still don’t believe in consumer rights.
- Justin Long says he’s still the Mac guy
So how exactly did those rumors get started? I suspect John Hodgman may know more than he’s letting on – which, when you think about it is really not Hodgman’s style.
- Charts count ‘approved bootlegs’
See the concert, buy the live songs to keep the magic going forever…see the songs hit the charts.
- The Online Auteurs
Move over Sundance and all that — does a low barrier for entry mean we’re all going to be auteurs?
- How many hits?
One man constructs the perfect hit — as a joke. Others think that if only they could crack the code behind hit songs, they could, well, foist the next Celine Dion on the world.
- Sports Artist Sued for Mix of Crimson and Tide
If it didn’t involve real people really being sued, some of these lawsuits would make for great comedy.
- Blogs becoming force in advertising
One, people actually believe advertising? Two, what happens when they discover that some bloggers are paid to promote product?
- Google’s video service faces suit
Interesting only because this one is weird. Also French.
- MP3.com returns to music sharing with new features
Hey Kidz, remember the 1990’s?
- Lycos seeks rebirth as "virtual living room"
Well, they’re back!!
- Sony’s PS3 has problems running PS, PS2 games
- American Hair Metal
Still very silly, some twenty years down the line.