Today’s links of interest:
- Allofmp3 to be closed
The RIAA gets their wish. The music industry learns nothing in the process.
- Writers spurn studios on talks
Studios ask for early talks, guilds reject. And you thought strikes were thing of the past.
- MTV cues up plan for niche Web sites
Imagine the internal memo: niches are big, get us twenty of them. Now.
- Time Warner Treats Customers Like Dogs
This is why some people switch to satellite . . .
- Odyssey of frustrating satellite TV programming faces uncertain future
. . . and this is why some people switch to cable.
- Borat Wasn’t Sexytime for Pam and Kid
Seriously? Kid Rock doesn’t understand that Pamela Anderson has been a sex symbol for 15 years? And that she’s always been bearable because she thinks it makes her funny and not important? Cowboy up, Dumbass.
- Release Month For Twin Peaks – Season 2 From Paramount/CBS?
Right. What will come out first: the second season of Twin Peaks or Guns ‘n’ Roses’ "Chinese Democracy?" It’s a trick question, of course.
- American Thinker: My Love-Hate Affair with Classical Music
If you have to ask if our current approach is creating a dislike of classical music, then, well, you’re not paying attention.
- ‘Before the Music Dies’ Diagnoses an Ailing Industry
What’s wrong with the music industry? So many things, Grasshopper, so many things.
- Ricky Gervais To Be Interviewed By Bob Dylan
Guessing that it will be for an Office-oriented Theme Time Radio Hour.
- Back at Emerson, ‘Friends’ producer Bright teaches the art of the sitcom
However, we note that he says the last original sitcom idea was "Will and Grace." WTF? "Arrested Development?" "The Office?" "It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia?" "Andy Richter Controls The Universe?" "My Name is Earl?"
- Warner Brothers Makes A Super Screwup
Some problems with that Superman DVD Box that WB is putting out. But it’s a mistake with Superman III, which isn’t one of the movies that you’re buying this box for, is it?
- Xbox Live Video Marketplace debuts to *crunch*
The last couple of weeks haven’t been very kind to either Microsoft or gamers, have they?
- As cable, broadcast snit boils, FCC calls a meeting
It’s a season of battles between cable companies and content providers.
- Hard-hitting news: WSJ warns of Wii-related injuries
Will the madness never end?