Nuking the Algae Planet Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Sony BMG settles suit over CDs
Cash and customer refunds. All due to DRM gone wild.
- Rock heavyweights sue Web site to stop memorabilia sales
Honestly, we don’t really care about the memorabilia: we just want as many great rock shows to get out into the world as possible.
- Miss USA: Donald Trump gives Tara Conner a second chance
It’s an uplifting holiday story of forgiveness and redemption!! Yeeaah surrrrre . . . I think we can all figure out what the unspoken part of this deal is. Once again, the moral is that if the person in power thinks that you’re hot enough, you can get away with pretty much anything.
- John Hodgman’s "The Areas of My Expertise" Audiobook Free From iTunes
It’s a Christmas miracle. I love the fact that this book is filed under self-development.
- NASA-Google partnership ready for liftoff
Finally, NASA gets the funding it needs!!
- The iPhone Is Launched … By Linksys, Not Apple
OK, so anybody who did even a modicum of research would have found out that Cisco held the iPhone patent and not Apple? Also, why is it assumed that Apple is going to name every single one of their products the "i_____" until the end of time?
- Santa Barbara newspaper owner sues over critical article
Gives new meaning to the concept of a free press.
- Amazon set to flood digital music market
The long delayed Amazon digital music store may finally be a reality. If the rumors are true, the service could offer DRM-free music. Talk about a killer-app.
- Imbalance in Net speeds impedes sharing
Does it ever!
- Cartoon legend Joseph Barbera dies at 95
Yeah, the end of an era.
- Time’s Person of the Year: You
Unfortunately, You couldn’t be here tonight in person, so accepting the award on behalf of You: Me!