I Ain’t Searching For My Mainline Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Warning: This TV Set is Obsolete
A good idea because some people just don’t keep up with these things. I imagine that February 18, 2009 will be a very interesting day as millions of Americans suddenly discover their TV sets no longer work.
- New & Improved eMusic + Pandora Mashup
This amazingly cool project seamlessly integrates Pandora and eMusic. If you’ve got an eMusic subscription you’ll definitely want to check this out – before PERFORM passes and requires Pandora to encrypt their audio stream, which would be ironic since eMusic sells unencrypted music.
- ‘King of the Hill’ starting season 11
Yay! Long toiling in the considerable shadow of "The Simpsons," and unlike "Family Guy," actually funny, Mike Judge’s low-key cartoon just might be the most underrated sitcom ever. It’s never been a cultural phenomenon, it’s never been a cult show. And while it has its dud episodes (Cotton Hill, please stay home), it’s just good, year in and year out. In the end, it might be Mike Judge’s greatest work.
- YouTube, Wikipedia storm into 2006 top brand ranking
YouTube? Wikipedia? Never heard of ’em . . .
- If it’s rated ‘R,’ who brought all these children?
Because some parents are too clueless to understand that the "R" rating is there for a reason, the MPAA considers an extra-special message for them. We suggest that something starting with "Dumbass" be employed.
- Rumor Smashed: iPhone Will NOT Come With 1.5 Years of Free Service
And this was a rumour that anybody actually believed in the first place? Seriously? Did you do the math?
- Looking for Little Miss Box Office
Money quote: "There might be a good Sundance comedy to be made about the frantic bidding wars. One executive described how rival bidders were escorted in and out of different doors so they wouldn’t see each other "like a British farce.""
- HD DVD Copy Protection Only Partially Cracked
Stay tuned for part 2, next week!
- Deregulating Radio to Death
Now don’t get us wrong — we’re willing to blame a lot of the world’s evil on the FCC — but there comes a point where sheer human stupidity doesn’t need a scapegoat.
- Get latest AP news while playing with your Wii
Great. Now Kirk is going to have to get a Wii.
- Woman fights off mountain lion
Hey, I remember that episode of "24."
- 10-year-old filmmaker sues for creative control
There are so many things wrong here that we don’t know where to begin. Once again, litigation proves to be the cornerstone of our society. Also, we foresee a lot of uncomfortable soccer games in the futures of at least two people.
- Hot New Mystery Surrounds Saturn
Has Saturn finally succumbed to the laws of attraction and found that special someone? Has Saturn added some sexy new bodies to her orbit? Find out later, on tonight’s ET!
- The Times shifts its focus to Web
In which a newspaper discovers the beauty and pain of change. 24-hour newsrooms, breaking news on the web, thoughtful analysis in the print edition.
- Netherlands joins European rebellion against Apple’s rules
All they want is for FairPlay to play fair. Is that so unfair?