Poop Raining From The Ceiling Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Inventory: 14 neglected TV shows that deserve a DVD release
Only a couple of crossovers ("Batman", "It’s Garry Shandling’s Show") with our list, and pretty worthwhile on its own.
- DRM: the state of disrepair
A nice commentary on the current state of DRM with a roundup of the various competing systems and details on how they’ve all been compromised.
- Macrovision’s Response to Steve Jobs’ Open Letter
Get this. The CEO of Macrovision wants Apple to hand over the FairPlay DRM system. He argues that the problem is not too much DRM, but too little DRM. Once consumers have access to more DRM enabled devices and DRM protected content everything will be just fine. Can you guess what business Macrovision is in?
- Hollywood Weighs Copyright Protections
As various forces call for changes in DRM for music, the motion picture industry starts internal debates over the future.
- Olbermann Re-Ups With MSNBC
Four more years. Sorry, couldn’t resist.
- China fakes take toll on US movie, publishing, medicine industries
Money quote from Dan Glickman: "Regrettably, to coin a phrase, if you did not see a counterfeit DVD, you were not in China."
- Viewers Fast-Forwarding Past Ads? Not Always
Turns out that TiVo users actually watch commercials. You live, you learn.
- All the World’s a Stage (That Includes the Internet)
A look at how ordinary people are making money from online video sites.
- Studio 60 Fading to Black?
Definitely one of the most anticipated ‘loper shows. Still haven’t figured out why it isn’t hitting our "must see" radar. Matthew Perry, Bradley Whitford, that too-cute Cordrry dude, D.L. Hughly — man, do so love him and truly love the scenes with Columbus Short, it’s the edgy, angry, I want you to succeed vibe — it’s all good. Hmm, the women maybe? The women bore me. Even Lucy Davis, who is so much more than what she’s been given.