This Boy Is Exhausted Edition
Todays links of interest:
- DuroSport Drops Support For the MP3 Format
The company indicates the mp3 format is too risky given the recent rash of lawsuits surrounding use of the mp3 format. It’s not like DuroSport was ever really committed to mp3. Their installation software deletes mp3 files by default.
- `Second Life’ gets chatty
We’re not saying that Kirk asks and then receives, but, well, he just asked for this.
- Christmas Day 2008 Release for Star Trek XI
Yeah, there’s a good chance it’ll suck, but before you spend the next twenty-two months going on about the alleged "odd-numbered movie curse," please say these three syllables to yourself: "nem-e-sis." Repeat as necessary.
- Best Buy customers get early crack at hot concert tickets
And people who want to just buy the [email protected]#$ tickets and attend the concert are steaming.
- Academy threatens YouTube
So YouTube pulled their clips from this year’s Academy Awards show. And immediately got less boring overall.
- ?Grey’s Anatomy? stars fuming over spinoff
Is it possible that these people from this overrated show could shut up for maybe two seconds?
- Linden calling: Second Life voice to launch by June
It’s going to be so much harder to pretend you’re a woman.
- Dell Backpedals on Preloading Linux
- Why We’re Releasing Our New Album for Free on the Internet
Harvey Danger takes a bold step. We approve.
- Support the FAIR USE Act of 2007
Finally, some proposed legislation we can get behind. Among other things the act would codify the Supreme Court’s "Betamax Doctrine" and would restore some of the traditional fair use rights lost as a result of the DMCA. It’s easy to take action on this. Just follow the link, setup a an EFF Action Alert account (if you don’t have one already) and complete the forms to send an email to your representatives.
- NBC right to boast about its comedies on Thursday nights
We’re way ahead of you, Tim.