Fire Bad Tree Pretty Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Cheney to Join Wolfram & Hart
We weren’t fooled by this "April Fools" joke. It’s just a misdirection in order to disguise the fact that he is obviously already a Senior Partner there.
- The Cure team up with Ashlee Simpson
Noted only for the silly headline. Everyone needs a laugh now and then.
- Poetic appeal to transform Luton
We are resisting urges to make jokes as we have met people from Luton and find them to fine world citizens.
- Virtual Van Nuys Announced, as if the Real One Isn’t Bad Enough
Leaving those who are developing the "Virtual Fresno" scrambling to complete their project first.
- A Misfired Memo Shows Close Tabs on Reporter
An object lesson on the dangers of this modern world.
- Push Comes to Shove for Control of Web Video
It’s sort of like the time all the countries on Earth landed on the moon and tried to figure out who was boss. Only to find the American flag planted in the soil, waving happily in the moon wind.
- Young People Do Like Newspapers — Online — New NAA Numbers Show
Again, not news if you’ve been paying attention…
- Beaten to the Punch Line
The trials and tribulations of female comics. Saddest discovery? Only one female on the bill at a time.
- Japanese set record for longest concert
Unfortunately some artists may see this as a challenge.
- Apple, EMI offer higher-quality DRM free downloads
EMI is the first major label to make it past the denial phase. Today’s announcement confirms that DRM (for music) is on its way out.