Time And Relative Dimension In Space Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Peter Gabriel shakes the tree, ad-supported MP3s fall out
Yet another ad supported free music business-model. Seems like we used to call that radio.
- Apple Notifies Partners: DRM-free Music and DRM-free Music Videos Soon
Among other things this means that indie artists who never wanted DRM on their music in the first place will be able to sell their music through iTunes in a DRM free format. It’s about time. We’re still not sure why everyone had to wait around for EMI to make the first move.
- Did you hear the one about Conan O’Brien? He’s doing a full week in San Francisco.
And he picked a helluva week to be there, too, what with the fire in the Maze wreaking commuter havoc and the Warriors on the verge of an unlikely upset.
- Coming Online Soon: The Five-Minute “Charlie’s Angels”
Gotta admit, this sounds pretty awesome. As long on they don’t get rid of all of the sex and violence, of course
- "Brandjacking" common on Web
At least that what the report from Rutters News Service says.
- Apple admits laptop battery issue
Sure, but on the bright side, at least they don’t explode!
- A Disciplined Business
State of the Oughts: “You can?t just throw up an adult Web site and watch the dollars roll in anymore.”
- Merger Critics Key on Karmazin’s M Pay
And yet miss the part where he got his own personalized satellite and free transport to outer space.
- Death to the CD… digital freedom is here at last
File under: Death of CD, New Twist
- Theatres to be banned from turning bad reviews into a show of support
Okay, there goes an entire cottage industry…