Binary Solo! Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Microsoft to change desktop search
- YouTube makes international move
Funny cat videos in every language you can imagine.
- NEA chairman blasts American culture in commencement talk / Speaker tells grads to reject passive consumerism
As fond as we are of cultural snobbery, we would like to remind Dana Gioia that it is human nature to be distracted by bright and shiny things. Sometimes all this talk about "culture" is really masking the notion that only old stuff is important. Remember, your mother’s mother thought the Beatles wouldn’t last.
- Beatles beat the Bard as cultural reference point
Surprising only those who live in caves.
- News Corp explores swap of MySpace site for Yahoo! stake
Of all the mistakes Yahoo has made, this could be the biggest one yet. MySpace, which has never been great to begin with, is about to be clobbered by Facebook. If this deal does go through, two years from now it’ll be remembered as the defining moment that ultimately killed Yahoo (or caused them to finally sell out to Microsoft).