Yeah, surrre Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Gonzales Denies Pressuring Ashcroft
- "I am innocent," Lohan e-mail says
- Vick Pleads Innocent in Dogfighting Case
- Research: 32 million high-def players to sell by 2011
Please note that this includes set-top boxes and gaming consoles, not standalone DVD players.
- Astronauts flew while intoxicated
This kinda sounds like a promo for The Simpsons Movie, doesn’t it? On the other hand, if you were going to be strapped on top of what is essentially a huge explosion machine and catapulted for thousands of miles into weightlessness with the possibility that if the tiniest thing goes wrong, your fiery death will be witness by horrified millions, it isn’t unreasonable that having a shot or two for the road just prior to liftoff isn’t out of the realm of possibilities.
- Senators worried about TV ‘train wreck’
The countdown to the death of analog TV has begun. 61 percent of consumers surveyed are unaware of the change. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- Books we have never read
File Under: Continuing Education, faking your way through dinner parties.
- Apple stock surges as Mac, iPod and iPhone drive earnings
As we thought, nearly twice as many iPhones were sold in those two days as were activated. However, the 270,000 sold was about half of the original 500,000 estimate for that weekend.
- Wagering In Second Life: New Policy
As predicted here earlier this year, Linden Lab has outlawed gambling in Second Life. Interesting considering they earlier claimed they wouldn’t be able to enforce such a rule.