Rest My Weary Bones Tonight Edition
Todays links of interest:
- The blog haters have barely any idea what they are raging against
Scott Rosenberg on blogging.
- To be or not to be?
Analysis of how Shakespeare became famous. Hint: in a way that ensured he would not actually benefit from said fame.
- Wilco is still like no other | wilco, sky, band, tweedy, one
Your ‘lopers were at that Wilco show last night, and holy christ! is Nels Cline a guitar god. Don’t remember him being this awesome with The Geraldine Fibbers, but that was a long time ago. Hard to say if this was the best Wilco show I’ve ever seen — the 1995 show at Slim’s was a revelation, and then of course there was that Jay Bennett birthday show with the stripper at Great American Music Hall. Or any of the Fillmore shows after "Being There" came out. But it was pretty great.
- Disc-Sniffing Hounds Bite Three (Alleged) New York DVD Pirates
As noted by Kirk, these dogs aren’t necessarily sniffing out "pirated" DVDs. But you know, you smell enough crotches, eventually you’ll find a space alien.
- Silver surfers beat the young as Web wizards
[email protected]#$ old people using up all the bandwidth.
- S.F. citywide Wi-Fi plan fizzles as provider backs off
- NBC, News Corp. Finally Name Their Baby: Hulu.com
And the nations sighs in relief.