Waiting for Battlestar Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Watch Bionic Woman for the best villain on television
In other words, Katee Sackhoff puts the "awe" in "awesome." Which we already knew, but we’re looking forward to watching her steal this entire series.
- Amazon’s MP3 store: Better than iTunes
Oh yeah, it is so totally on. Also, it’s pretty ironic that today’s #1 download on Amazon is "1234" by Feist, which is the song that Apple is uses on their Nano TV ads. As a matter of fact, it’s so ironic as to almost be suspicious, especially since it’s also the #6 song, as well. OK.
- Burnett preps NBC quiz show
It will be called "My Dad Is Better than Your Dad." If that works out, then he’s going to follow up with a geography quiz show called "I See London, I See France."
- New Yorker Builds Online Content — Slowly
Apparently, viewership for New Yorker video content is low. Hmm, maybe they should try telling people it’s out there.
- Bonds’ record-breaking ball going to the Hall of Fame with an asterisk
- Creationist vs. Atheist YouTube War Marks New Breed of Copyright Claim
Ah, copyright…it’s not just for music companies anymore.
- Congress to make rap cool again?
Saddest headline ever…in more ways that one.
- Amazon.com MP3 Downloads
Amazon’s DRM-free music store is officially open! Pricing is cheaper than Apple’s DRM-free tracks, and the store is MUCH easier to use than Wal-Mart’s torturous online music shop. eMusic is still the best deal around, but Amazon looks to be a good alternative for anyone who doesn’t want to pay a monthly subscription fee.