Keep It Simple, Stupid Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Gene Simmons: college kids killed music biz
Ah, now we know the culprit.
- Poll shows support for writers
Of 1000 Americans polled, only 4% supported the studios. Even George Bush’s numbers aren’t *that* bad. Not to make any comparisons, but we’d bet that you would find greater support among Americans for Satan, Osama Bin Laden or Paris Hilton. As a matter of fact, any TV show that got those numbers would be immediately canceled.
- Fan website agrees club takeover
This might just be the greatest thing ever. An English Premier league club is going to be run via vote over a website.
- Guitar Magazine to Follow Radiohead Pricing Model, Too
The interesting outcome of these experiments will be the value placed by consumers on entertainment media versus the value placed by corporations. It might offer the necessary insight needed to market to paying customers at a fair price. Just a thought.
- Marvel to post digital comic archive
Relive your youth!
- Red Sox, A’s to open ’08 season in Japan
Kirk’s already trying to figure out how to get tickets.
- Cory Doctorow: Creative Commons
Clip ‘n save. Trust us. (via <a href="http://grumpyoldbookman.blogspot.com"Grumpy Old Bookman,</a> who noted, much to our delight, "In passing, you will also discover why anyone who knows anything about copyright is obliged to spit every time they speak the word ‘Disney’.")
- Battlestar Galactica Correction
Less fan support than previously reported. At least on the picket line.
- Zillow.com Makes Deal With 11 Newspaper Chains To Carry Real Estate Ads
Zillow, not just for finding out how much your neighbors paid for their house anymore.