Capulets and Romulans Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Beowulf reviewed … in verse
- Ripple Effects of the Writers’ Strike
Consequences that we didn’t think of. Maybe you wanna go out and get a "Live Music Are Better" bumper sticker while you still can.
- My Bloody Valentine Reveals Reunion Shows
These shows are, of course, in support of their upcoming album: "Iraqi Democracy."
- Robotic Roaches Rally Real Roaches
As usual, the mainstream media misses the main story: the fact that someone has decided to combine the indestructibility of roaches with the destructive power of robots. No doubt that when the robots finally take over, the roachbots will be a key asset.
- Mr. Magorium is really, really bad
Sometimes, you can just tell things by the adverts. This seems to be one of those times . . .
- Yankees May Pay Rodriguez for Home Run Record
Strangely enough, there’s nothing in there about winning the World Series.
- Lindsay Lohan in jail for 84 minutes
Well, it is longer than some of her relationships.
- Teen Accused of Stealing Virtual Goods
It gets worse: "They suspect other teens of receiving the stolen goods."
- Prime Time for Reading? Survey Looks at Viewers’ Plans During Strike
Survey shows that a long-term strike will lead to an increase in reading. Probably, considering that they’re not rerunning Dr Who fast enough to fill the programming gaps.
- Is blogging per se a dying art?
Raising the question of what is blogging anyway?