Drunkard’s Dream Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Wipe Away a Tear For Mr. Whipple, And 2-Ply Times
An eulogy for Mr. Whipple, Charmin perv. (jc)
- Dr. Adams Blames Malpractice on Bad Patients
"Hi, evvverrrrbody!!!" "Hi, Dr. Jan" It’s a very DuroSport move, of course, to blame your customers. (jc)
- GM Readies Chevrolet Volt for 2010
It looks like the electric car may have been given an infusion of Claire’s blood. (jc)
- Showrunners write strike script
Sometimes, in situations like this, the people caught in the middle of the bosses and the rank-and-file get crushed in the vise of conflicting interests. It’s quickly becoming apparent that, by overwhelmingly siding with the writers — and how could anybody be surprised, since TV is a writer-driven medium — the showrunners may be instrumental in what might be a swifter resolution to the strike than anybody dreamed. (jc)
- Wii grasses up cheating wife
This smells like an urban legend. But it’s still heart-warming pre-holiday story.
- Disappointed DeBartolo York hints that change is coming
She’s "devastated" at what has happened to the San Francisco 49ers, a franchise that she and her husband have pretty much run straight into the ground over the past decade. Look in the mirror, lady. (jc)
- Battlestar Galactica: Razor
In preparation for this weekend’s showing of Battlestar Galactica: Razor, here’s a link to the seven webisodes giving some backstory on Adama’s first mission vs. The Cylons. And remember, as you are being forced to watch the ads in front of every webisode, that the writers didn’t get paid a penny for this. Because the network weasels call it "promotional." So do what you can to ignore the ads. (jc)
- Amazon Kindle: DRM nightmare or blissful experience? I usually drink the Amazon Kool-Aid, but?
Another blogger who loves the idea of Kindle, but not the Kindle.