The Angels Have The Phonebox Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Chances of asteroid hitting Mars go down
And so, the Martians breathe a sigh of relief, and postpone their invasion plans for another day.
- Winter vomiting bug sweeps UK
Let’s go there!!!
- Office 2003 update blocks older file formats
This is the type of shit what makes people hate Microsoft so godsdammed much.
- Predicting ‘The Wire’: A Talmudic Reading of HBO’s Full-Page Ad
Outside of a few straggling pre-strike eps of shows like "Friday Night Lights", "The Wire" just might be the only thing worth watching on your TV for the next few months. For those of us who love great television, "The Wire," is turning out to have a lotta psychic weight piled on top of it, since it’s now not just the Last Great HBO Show, but maybe The Last Great Show You’ll Actually See A Full Season of in 2008. BTW, this has spoilers for the first four seasons, which even if you haven’t seen them, you already know are totally and utterly awesome.
- Netflix To Stream Internet Video, Movies Directly To TVs
It seems so simplistic, but at first blush, this entire device is going to live or die on how effective its pause, resume, fast-forward and rewind functionalities work.
- Live blogging: Will 2008 be the year we get busted?
Sports organizations are laying down the law when it comes to live blogging events. Apparently there’s freedom of the press…unless you’re trying to cover a NCAA contest.