Mediocre Tuesday Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, guru to Beatles, dies
The tipping point: that whole "Across The Universe" fiasco.
- Apple doubles iPhone, iPod Touch capacity
Ho-hum: call us when they make the iPhone 3G and they stop crippling the 3rd-party apps ever couple of months.
- ‘Doctor Who’ Season Four Travels to Sci Fi
In April, which is good news as "The Wire" and "Lost" will both be done with their current runs and unless the strike ends soon, there really won’t be much else. What will suck, of course, is the editing of the individual episodes for American TV. So we might wait for the DVDs again.
- Driver problems still haunting Vista
Sigh. Is there any Windows user who doesn’t think that Vista is a step back from XP? Is there any Mac user who doesn’t feel a bit self-righteous about that?
- WGA to membership: No deal yet
As per usual, nobody knows anything.
- Yahoo Hits the Eject Button On its Music Service
The easy joke here is "Yahoo! had a music service?" It would pass totally unnoticed here except that as part of their original consolidation, they totally ruined a piece of software that was my preferred ripping and burning tool for a few years: the MusicMatch Jukebox. While it ended up as an unusable system-killing piece of glorified nagware, it was pretty awesome there for awhile.
- 20 minutes or so on why I am 4Barack
Spend 20 minutes with Lawrence Lessig, then go vote.