Comic Book Guy’s Bar Edition
Todays links of interest:
- From West Wing to the real thing
We were actually just thinking about that: how much "Campaign 2008" seemed to be matching the final — underrated — season of "The West Wing." Let’s hope that it continues to play out the way it did on the TV show.
- David Simon on the end of ‘The Wire’
One of the more fascinating off-air subplots surrounding the final season of the still-awesome "The Wire," — which has caused a civil war among its small but rabid fanbase with a pair of major storylines based around a lying reporter and a lying cop — is David Simon’s seeming willingness to defend every aspect of this season in every possible forum.
- Hollywood trade paper Variety put on auction block
Here’s hoping the new owners don’t cut the headline-writing scribes.
- TV ads losing steam, marketers say
Bet you all didn’t see this one coming!
- More Hollywood writers do end-run around studio system
When not walking the picket lines, some writers were thinking of ways to change the rules of the game.
- CBS to put TV library on the Web
Prediction: the Star Trek episodes won’t be available on startrek.com
- Could a month save the music industry?
The Canadian proposal to add a surcharge to Internet access continues to garner attention. While the dollar value could be debated, the benefit to all entertainment industries makes this worth serious discussion.
- Networks Failing To Reach Men Online
One wonders if this is due more to the daily routines of women versus men than the fact that networks are "losing" men?
- Brain-reading headset to sell for 9
Bush was going to install these for free during his third term.
- Photo Gallery: Total Lunar Eclipse 2008
The Moon, being totally pwned by the Earth’s shadow. Go Earth!!
- Columnist Sues City Over Press Passes
Part of a newly dominant trend in government: cut off access for those who disagree with you.
- News Corp. Eyes MySpace Music Service
Wasn’t this announced months ago or is this one of those deja vu sort of days?