Omar! Omar’s Coming! Edition
Todays links of interest:
- FCC Considers Hearing Do-Over in Light of Comcast Seat Hogging Charges
Nothing like a company accused of blocking web traffic blocking public access to the hearing about them blocking web traffic.
- RIAA Keeps Settlement Money, Artists May Sue
Apparently the RIAA spent all the settlement money on hookers, booze, and lawyers.
- Creator disses ‘quarterlife’ move to NBC
The spirit of Ian Faith lives on in Marshall Herskovitz, who calls "quarterlife" too specific for the networks. In other words, its not that the audience is shrinking, but rather the appeal of "quarterlife" is becoming more selective.
- Full text: Microsoft execs on Vista problems
Just released – 158 pages of email explaining why your "Vista compatible" hardware probably isn’t Vista compatible.
- Dr. Seuss Goes Digital
- Study sees digital music shakeout
Or to quote a noted scientist, expect only the survival of the fittest (which, let us remind you, probably leaves out all current major media players except maybe Apple).
- E-book concept combines leather and multi-touch
We humbly invite all purveyors of ebook technology to note the magic of good design.
- Apple exec: iPhone "not married" to single-carrier model
Right, but the people who signed a 2 year contract with AT&T are.
- Cards cut Spiezio after six-count arrest warrant issued
It’s the result of really bad facial hair: "At the time, Spiezio said he’d been struggling with substance abuse for six or seven months, although he wouldn’t disclose the substance, saying, "I’ll save that for the book."