We’re Going The Wrong Way! Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Users Fight to Save Windows XP
Sigh. This weekend, the one ‘Loper who still uses Windows had to dig up an older XP laptop because some lame-ass Vista extra security process made a brand-new laptop not work with a brand-new scanner. Windows Vista is the Patriot Act of software: a heinous bill of goods designed and defined entirely by fear.
- In court, J.K. Rowling nearly cries over Harry Potter Lexicon
How can she not get that guides like the one that nearly made her cry only help spur and maintain interest in the world that she created?
- Major quake almost inevitable for California
Yay? Also: tell us something that we don’t know. And try not to think about.
- Indecency cases stuck in legal limbo at FCC
Love the part about the "thousands of viewer complaints" stuck in limbo at the FCC. How many of them are really robo-complaints generated by right-wing "media watchers" and their sycophants?
- Gawker Spins Off Idolator, Wonkette and Gridskipper
1. Who reads Idolator? 2. Wonkette jumped the shark about the time original Wonkette jumped ship. 3. Never did get the purpose of Gridskipper. 4. Anyone willing to bet that Gawker — the land of revolving door editors — goes next?
- TV Nets Move the Ads to Boost Ratings
More ads during the first half of Letterman. That should reduce things to "Hi Paul" and "in the second half, we get around to actually starting the show."
- Libel fears stop Tom Cruise biography’s sale in Britain
Show of hands: how many people bought this garbage in the U.S.? C’mon admit it. If it truly leaped to the top of the charts, someone in our reading audience must own a copy…