What Are We Gonna Do? Edition
Todays links of interest:
- DRM sucks redux: Microsoft to nuke MSN Music DRM keys
Not long ago a "DRM expert" assured me that this sort of thing never really happens. I bet this feels pretty real to the people who are losing their music libraries.
- American Idol Betting Odds : Andrew Lloyd Webber week
It’s Andrew Lloyd Webber week on American Idol?!?! Ahhh, for the halcyon days of Mariah Carey week.
- Life span shorter in parts of U.S.
Apparently the primary causes are: The Bush Administration, DRM, Reality TV, Charter Cable, FOX News, Microsoft, the new TWoP Redesign, Zillionaires who sue their fans, the San Francisco Giants, the PTC, the endless Democratic Primaries, Big Oil, and that Muse song that sounds exactly like Styx that they keep playing on KROQ especially when I’m in the shower and can’t change the godsdammed channel!
- Tila Tequila ready for another ‘Shot at Love’
"It’s season one times a thousand" she told the New York Daily News, "so that’s like ten thousand times better!"
- Economic deja vu hitting tech startups
Here we go again? Probably not — the exuberance surrounding start-ups doesn’t seem nearly as irrational. Of course, it’s easy to think that, because back in 2001, one of your ‘Lopers was in the middle of that particular bubble, but none of us currently are.
- Hasselhoff undergoes surgery around eye
Somehow, he got one of those little airplane bottles of booze lodged in it.
- 5 reasons my Zune is dead to me
Only 5? Seems like any Zune owner should be able to come up with a few dozen more.
- Save the Internet, don’t stay a virgin
If this is what it takes to ensure net neutrality, we’re 100% behind the cause.