Making Plans . . . Very Slowly Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Into the Void: John Darnielle on Sabbath, Extreme Metal, and Indie Rock
Personally, I think that Sabotage would have been the album to do, but that’s just me.
- UC Santa Cruz slated to get archives of Grateful Dead
Ten years from now: "Dude, do your remember where the Dead Archives are?" "No way man, I thought that you had them."
- Google introduces brand-image ads for phones
- Lolcat site hiring; spelling skillz optional
What? You need to know more?
- FCC chief says no need for new regulation of the Internet
Yeah, ’cause Kevin Martin has been such an awesome steward of the public good.
- Wikipedia to be converted to a book in Germany
Speaking of fair use and copyright and WTF. The nature of the Wikipedia means that the physical book will likely be out-of-date by the time it’s published. A little old school, sure, but if it’s what the people want. No word on whether or not Random House will be kicking back some of the proceeds to help finance the Wikipedia.
- List of top 20 shows in prime-time Nielsen ratings
Brutal. Just brutal.