Today’s links of interest:
- Sony To Launch iPod Rival
If I had a dollar for every time Sony launched an iPod rival Medialoper HQ would be in Tahiti.
- ‘Saturday TV Funhouse’ Gets Its Own ‘Saturday Night Live’ Special
This is totally a reason to tivo SNL this weekend.
- Branch Goes the Speakeasy Route
Stores for the new world: Here today, gone tomorrow. Literally. You don’t need the physical story anyway.
- Rosie O’Donnell Joining ‘View’
This is probably true. That does’t mean it’s good, but it’s probably true.
- Art Flicks Sparkle on Cell Phones
At least 20 entries at the SF International Film Festival are destined for the very small screen. Or, in which art bypasses the standard channels.
- Allmans, Cheap Trick sue Sony
It’s been a couple weeks since someone sued Sony. This claim involves alleged underpayment for digital downloads.
- Next step in pirating: Faking a company
Wherein a Chinese piracy ring builds a parallel NEC corp. Who in their right mind would create a fake consumer electronics company?
- RIAA, MPAA alert 40 university presidents in 25 states of LAN piracy
Apparently college isn’t just about keggers and freshman hazing anymore.