Suck It Monkeys, I’m Going Corporate! Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Always Trying to Waste Me: The Rolling Stones’ "Cocksucker Blues"
A long look at one of the most infamous rock documentaries never released. Also: I still miss "Deadwood."
- Battlestar Galactica Theme Redone a Cappella
Neither as good or funny as hoped for. But still.
- Study: Teens say e-text isn’t writing
But it is, it’s just a different type of writing for a different type of medium. Like how teens speak differently in front of each other than they do in front of their parents. In an era where the President of the United States tells the Pope of the Catholic Church that his speech was "awesome," is it any surprise this kind of informality rules? Nor is it necessarily a bad thing: languages evolve or die. The guess here is that some of those acronyms, short cuts, etc. will get absorbed into the larger language and some won’t.
- Hollywood is on edge ahead of summer movie season
Seriously though, when isn’t Hollywood on edge?
- ‘Idol’ Song Choice Courts Controversy and Finds It; Singer Is Voted Off
Not that we care that much, because American Idol is the village of the dammed, but it is hilarious that some people are still offended by Jesus Christ Superstar. That was nearly 40 years ago. Let it go already, and concentrate on more contemporary threats like, OMFG!
- That Book Costs How Much?
Ah, the high price of college textbooks…