Say “Good Night,” Dick Edition
Todays links of interest:
- DVD sales down but not out
Note the downturn in the "adult" market. Worrisome, indeed.
- Bird, Johnson to Write Book for HMH
- Laugh-In’s Dick Martin, TV Comedy Pioneer
It hasn’t aged all that well, but when it first premiered, Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-in seemed like a breath of fresh air, just because it was so weird. But under all of the bowdlerized hippie symbolism and made-for-TV sex and drug humor was a simple vaudeville-based comedy revue, anchored by the classic straight-man / joker pair. Some people are just funny by nature, and Dick Martin was one of those.
- Sydney Pollack 1934 – 2008
Pollack was one of those guys that when you found out that he was involved with a project, you decided that you might want to pay a bit more attention to it.
- Earlier this week, it was 108 degrees in Las Vegas ?
We’ve long been excited about the pending (re-)emphasis the online era will place on local news. One man is living the dream.
- White House rips NYT for ?misleading? editorial
Oooh, you know what they say about people who live in glass houses…
- RIAA Declares Victory Over AllofMP3, Drops Lawsuit
Completely missing (or willingly ignoring) the fact that AllofMP3 has morphed into MP3Sparks.com.
- Area HDTV owners with cable service have limited choices
That area: Southern California, where your ‘Lopers live. Tell us something that we don’t know.