I Hear Books, And Jane Wanting To Cry Edition
Todays links of interest:
- ‘Sex and the City’ premiere turns ugly
White chick riot! Wannabe riot! White chick riot! A riot of me own!
- My Year Of Flops Extra Innings, Case File # 110: Wired
We’ve been watching the first season of Saturday Night Live on DVD, and finding it pretty uneven — except for pretty much any time John Belushi pops up. Then, suddenly, the energy level kicks up, and you see why this show and those people ended up taking over the comedy world for a few years.
- D: Amazon’s Bezos: To Launch For-Pay Movie Streaming Service; Stays Bullish On Kindle; Books Are Like Horses
What? After a headline like that, you need our commentary before clicking through?
- Microsoft demos future Windows with touch-screen
In the future, when your Windows system displays a blue screen, you’ll be able to reboot by pounding on your monitor. Sort of like fixing the picture on a very old TV.
- Dunkin Donuts Pulls Ad Featuring Rachael Ray In A Scarf That Looks Too Arab
In summary, Michelle Malkin thinks Rachael Ray looks like a terrorist. Now why would a terrorist be advertising donuts? That would mean the terrorists aren’t actually against everything America stands for.
- Sony, six cable companies adopt two-way CableCARD tech
The question is, as always, how this is actually going to spill into making the experience of dealing with Cable TV any easier for the consumer.
- New Challenge for Space Station Crew – A Broken Toilet
Well, thanks for *that* visual.
- Hulu lands new Partners as Usages rises
Hulu expands its reach. However, if they institute an 8-day waiting period on more shows like they misguidedly have with Battlestar Galactica, all of the reach in the world isn’t going to help.
- Former RIAA Head Rosen Tapped as HuffPo Political Director
Hillary Rosen news, get your Hillary Rosen news here!