Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits Edition
Todays links of interest:
- How DuroSport Is Winning $300 Million From John McCain
Yeahhhh, good luck with that. We’re sure that this will be as successful as all of their other products.
- Feds charge 22-year-old Pentagon contractor with procurement fraud
Seriously? A 22-year-old Defense contractor? Sounds like something out of a movie: "Dude, Where’s My Missles?"
- Fandango Buys Disney?s Movies.com
Probably one of the reasons that Disney’s content is moving to Veoh?
- Ultimate ‘Sopranos’ DVD set throws its weight around
This would be a perfect birthday present for whichever ‘Loper has a birthday nearest to its release date.
- Why bands give themselves unprintable names
Mostly, because they can.
- Cody’s Closed
News broke over the weekend that Cody’s bookstore has officially shut its doors.
- Sen. McCain offers 0 million prize for new auto battery
When will those Republicans learn that you can’t just solve a problem by throwing cash at it?
- Harp Magazine Discontinues Publishing after Seven-Year Run
I was a subscriber to Harp — a U.S. based rock magazine specializing in indie and Americana — but it published so sporadically that I swear to gods I didn’t even know that it had gone under until I got a bankruptcy notice this weekend.
- MPAA Says It Doesn’t Need Evidence to Convict Pirates
This one is mind boggling. We sincerely hope the judge in this case laughs the MPAA’s lawyers out of his courtroom.
- Cody’s, landmark Berkeley bookstore, closes
After closing their iconic flagship store on Telegraph Ave., they’d downsized into a single, small store. Now, that one doesn’t even exist.
- Georgia and Fresno State will play for College World Series championship
It goes without saying that we’re totally rooting for our alma mater, Fresno State, who — in the matter of all underdogs everywhere — have gotten hot at exactly the right time.
- Veoh.com to Distribute Popular ABC, ESPN Shows
It’s always good to have more options to watch a show like LOST. However, it’s not good to force users to download a proprietary player just to watch those shows, ABC.
- George Carlin Dead at 71
What are we going to do now?