Art Crawl! Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Circuit City: Circuit City Orders All Stores To Destroy Issue Of Mad Magazine Parodying "Sucker City"
Hee. Some idiot reacts to a rather toothless Mad Magazine parody. In 2008.
- AT&T Extends iPhone Exclusivity Deal
- NASA’s next small step may be into Martian manure
NASA’s official denials (on Twitter, no less) haven’t done a thing to quell speculation about life on Mars. Bud Selig is reportedly considering the planet for MLB’s next expansion team.
- They Tried to Make the L.A. Times Go to Rehab (No, No, No!)
Poignant, painful, spot-on analysis. Alas, the LAT people who need to read this stuff, won’t.
- What’s really killing newspapers: They’re no longer the best providers of social currency
Or, if newspapers want to save themselves, they need to remember what made them special in the first place.
- ?Dr. Horrible?s Sing-Along Blog? – In Online Musical Serial, the Mad Doctor Is In
Noted only because, well, our resident Joss Whedon fan demands all updates in a timely manner.
- Obama Anti-Christ? McCain Ad Touches Off Religious Debate
This is actually good for Obama. Evangelicals believe the arrival of the anti-christ will signal the beginning of the end. Eventually the Rapture will come and all of the good Christians will float away to heaven (without having to die first). Evangelicals who seriously believe Obama is the anti-christ know that there’s no point in opposing his inevitable rise to power. That would be like opposing the word of God. Unless, of course, this is all a political stunt. But really, what are the chances of that?