Evil League of Evil Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Midori musings: Thoughts on a "post-Windows" OS
But we already have a "post-windows" OS. It’s called OSX.
- Judge Hints at Mistrial in RIAA v. Jammie Thomas
The federal judge is inclined to think that the RIAA has to prove that songs were actually downloaded, not just "made available". The gravy train may be over for the RIAA’s legal team.
- MPAA Want to Bung-Up "Analog Hole," Disable Piracy-Enabling Cable Box Outputs
The studios could solve this problem tomorrow by simply closing all of their windows.
- Appeals Court: Cablevision Can Offer Network DVR; Big Win For Cable; Bad News For Content, Satellite Cos
This is the point where television as we know it begins to change very rapidly.
- Robert Novak To Retire After "Dire" Prognosis
Covert CIA agents and DC pedestrians are safe at last.