Retroactive Cockpunch Edition
Todays links of interest:
- The new ‘Life on Mars’ – is this ‘Journeyman,’ take 2?
The ABC reincarnation of "Life on Mars" continues to look like one of those NASA probes we lost contact with right after hit got to Mars.
- Switzerland Network Testing Tool
A tool for testing your ISP to see if they’re Comcasting your connection.
- Paris Hilton snaps back: She’s ‘totally ready to lead’
We’re like, totally, Paris-haters around here, but this? Is awesome. We’re even willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she understands why it’s funny. Overheard at McCain HQ: "what the hell is Funny or Die?"
- The New Media Religion: ‘Platform Agnostic’
Newspapers, desperately trying to seem with it, discover a new concept, even while they’re asking, "What does it mean, though?"
- Does Murdoch’s ‘Journal’ Have a Woman Problem?
The more things change…
- <i>Playgirl</I> Going All-Web
In which we discover two things: 1) Playgirl still exists; and, 2) MediaBistro has finally gotten around to adding titles to their pages.
- Major U.S. Internet companies agree on a code of conduct for operating in repressive countries
File Under: It’s about time.
- Under the Needle: Family business ready for its encore
The accordian makes a comeback, but first a glance back at history: "Back then, the legendary Dick Contino, a squeezebox prodigy from Fresno, Calif., ranked among the nation’s most popular musicians, and only flamenco accompanists, lonely cowboys and luckless bluesmen plucked the guitar’s limited sonic range."